Wednesday, November 16, 2016
big welcome home party for him. My mother was pregnant with me and my uncle was asked to be my godfather and he agreed. My family discovered very soon that my uncle needed medical help because of the treatment he received in prison. He was in a hospital in Baltimore when I was born. His son stood in for him when I was baptised.
Posted by Deirdre Marie Capone at 5:45 PM
Monday, September 19, 2016
We are heading to the playoffs in baseball and my team, the CUBS are in it this year. I will share a picture of my uncle Al Capone with Babe Ruth drinking beer in Cuba. My uncle Al Capone was planning to buy the Chicago Cubs and make Babe Ruth the player/manager. The picture below was taken in Cuba in 1929. Al Capone is standing in the middle and Babe Ruth is on his left, your right.
Posted by Deirdre Marie Capone at 10:05 AM
Wednesday, September 14, 2016
Friday, August 26, 2016
“Six mistakes mankind keeps making century after century:
- Believing that personal gain is made by crushing others;
- Worrying about things that cannot be changed or corrected;
- Insisting that a thing is impossible because we cannot accomplish it;
- Refusing to set aside trivial preferences;
- Neglecting development and refinement of the mind;
- Attempting to compel others to believe and live as we do.”
Posted by Deirdre Marie Capone at 4:29 PM
Monday, July 25, 2016
Friday, July 8, 2016
The American people are clearly fed up with the increasingly scandalous behavior of politicians. So what, do you suppose, could politicians learn from the most notorious gangster in history? ...Try this:
- Your word should be your bond.
- Family is everything.
- Don't let your head get to big for your hat.
- Pay your taxes. (Al got 11 years, not a cabinet post.)
- Be proud to be an American.
- Don't lie to the people you work for.
- Beware of Communism...the threat is Real.
- Find out what it's like to run a business and meet a payroll.
- Create jobs, not dependents.
- Be loyal to friends, and invincible to enemies.
Posted by Deirdre Marie Capone at 9:52 AM
I am a Capone. .As Al Capone’s grandniece and the last surviving member of the family to bear the Capone name, I’m uniquely qualified to tell the behind the headlines story. Also, I’ve lived the haunted legacy that is part and parcel of being related to someone with such a notorious reputation. Through the use of personal recollection, interviews with now deceased family members, exclusive access to hundreds of personal letters, photographs and other documents, I have written a recently published book, revised in (2015) Uncle Al Capone – The Untold Story from Inside His Family, In it I present both a portrait of the man and a detailed accounting of the turbulent wake left behind by my grand uncle’s voyage through the troubled waters of mid-century America. www.unclealcapone.com/products.htm
Posted by Deirdre Marie Capone at 9:42 AM